Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reading the Tea Leaves

One of my New Year's Resolutions (stolen from my boyfriend): drink healthy tea daily. My favorite flavor so far has a mix of green tea, mint, citrus, with echinachea and kombucha for immunity support. A little caffiene, a little tummy-calming mint, an immune boost - perfect for the overworked substitute teacher!
The little paper tab at the top of the string has inspirational thoughts. Here's today's:

Be great,
feel great
and act great.

I find that I do that in reverse order, especially in the classroom - the ol' "fake it 'til you make it" routine. When I'm overwhelmed I act confident and happy, smile big. That gets me feeling better and lo and behold - I'm back in charge and class is flowing smoothly.
What gets you Zen in the classroom?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have anything that gets me Zen in the classroom. A couple of cups of coffee in the morning and carrying some cough drops in case I have to project my voice (like in gym), usually gets me through. Each scenario is so different, and I have a different persona depending on the grade, subject, and the dynamics of the group.

    ReplyDelete