Friday, July 9, 2010

TGIF

That goodness it's Friday ...

OR

Temping Get Intellectually Freeing

AKA

Durrr ... I push the button and make numbers go poof!

So, Bobbi in HR had me verify orders. Or something. Pretty much the company is behind mainly because one task that did not get done in their inventory overhaul this summer is to:

Highlight an order number, Ctrl C copy it.
Ctrl V paste it into another screen. Hit "Find."
Double Click the order.
See that the order exists.
Mark it "In progress."

Magically it will appear in shipping (where I have been for the last two days) and they can get it out the door. 10 days after it was ordered.

So that is what I did all day. Sat in a hot cubical and saw that orders did in fact, exist.

During the school year, when the kids are throwing things and sneezing on me and being loud I often fantasize about going to work in nice clothes, maybe even pretty shoes, and sitting at a desk with nifty little walls that keep the germs out. At this desk I control the information input - I can choose to do one thing or perhaps to get a little crazy and multitask 2 things - rather than keeping an eye on 30 little things who exist to stymie me. Adults come by and ask questions like, "where are the TPS reports," rather than "how do you treat a yeast infection?" (Yes, this happened once.)

This has been a good reminder that I thrive on action, movement, creativity, and fun. That kids might be dumb sometimes, but at least they have an excuse - they're KIDS! Can't wait for September!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! It really must be something for you to want to go back to subbing! Haha enjoy the summer :)

    ReplyDelete