Thursday, July 15, 2010

No officer, he was wrapped in packing tape BEFORE I arrived ...

Well, it has now been a week temping! I'm not sure if subbing has shortened my attention span or if this job is truly boring, but I was feeling mentally DONE in the warehouse at the end of the day yesterday. Each potential task has lost its luster, my feet hurt, and my arms and hands were dry and scratched from packing the cardboard boxes with stiff paper and getting tape glue all over me.

This morning did not start out much better, as I grabbed a scan gun to start filling orders and item after item was out of stock, in the wrong place, or not bar coded. I took each concern to one of the managers (his name is Forrest but I call him Captain GrumpyPants) because, well, I'm a temp! I can't solve these problems! Anyways, each question was met with a heavy sigh. I nearly lost it by incident number three ("is the part ready yet?" "Yes, it's on the shelf" .... "I found the part but the number is off by one ... " "SIGH!!!! It's not the same part!"). Well, I know that buddy, but it's not where you said it would be and in fact it still doesn't exist like you said it did and aren't you glad I ASKED instead of sending out the wrong part? Sheesh.

Luckily, before anyone died a gruesome, gluey tape death they called me back upstairs for more data entry. This time I'm in an office with someone else so I can stop talking to myself all the time AND I get to make check marks on the paper after I find some inane piece of data, so that's a plus. I'm sure I'll be horribly bored of this by lunch tomorrow but at least my feet won't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment