Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Seriously?

Today's middle school art lesson plan? "Junk Sculptures." Now, don't get me wrong, I was subbing for one of the best art teachers in the district, her students are really well trained, friendly, and engaged, and it's a cool project to promote recycling and reusing and to creatively solve problems. However, it's probably best done when you aren't going to have subs (looking at the notes there was a sub last Friday as well) because the project is accomplished with:

-8 giant tupperwares of random crap, including sharp things and yanked apart computer parts
-1 vice and 3 saws
-2 hot glue guns
-15 pairs of pliers and 1 pair of tin snips
-20 different screwdrivers
-4 hammers
-1 drill press

Holy crap! I thought that the day I had to hand out 8 razor blades for flower dissection was the craziest sub plan ever. I was wrong.

1 comment: