Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In-a-pinch movie

For the last two days, I have been subbing in a middle school math room. Stressful enough, but I had the same group of obnoxious seventh graders three periods a day! (Math, Social Studies, and Study Hall.) Ugh. So today, I brought in a rented DVD of "Life," a show that was on the Discovery Channel a while back. It (mostly) saved the day: the boys got really engrossed in the Komodo Dragon hunting scenes and the Ibex calf hopping around cliff faces. Some of the girls chose to gossip in the corner, but at that point I really didn't care. We watched one episode during Social Studies and another during Study Hall, and boy did it save my sanity!

1 comment:

  1. OK, now that I've seen more of the series I need to amend this post ... disc 2 of "Life" has lots and lots of sex and violence, so I would suggest pre-viewing all the episodes in this series!

    ReplyDelete